Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jammers




    This weekend I went to the Roller Derby. It was like going to another world. I have struggled all week to find the words to describe the experience.
     The names the players choose for themselves are puns and word plays often based on pop culture. Tattoos were common and the helmets were well decorated. Some wore elaborate makeup. And there were costumes. My best guess is that in the photo below the girl on the left is a slab of bacon, but that could just be me.
    After throwing away the photos that were out of focus or just plain no good I still had 571 that were keepers. So I decided to make a link to a slide show so that you could see what it was like.
    I am totally psyched about this experience and I hope you enjoy my photos. Feel free to leave comments.
   

3 comments:

  1. "Refsputin" made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Brawlliday.....Refsputin...shut up and skate
    I laughed so much. I bet it was very interesting and fun.
    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was certainly different. Great job on the photographs.

    ReplyDelete