Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rainbows and Blueberries


    "The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work." 
         author unknown
         

     My grandson came over Sunday. Spring has come to us early so I took him for a walk outside.
    Actually, I walked. He is always carried like the son of an Egyptian pharaoh.
    A breeze blew the baby's hair and he raised his eyebrows. A hawk cried overhead. I helped Jacob touch his fat little hands to the flowering trees while the crow cawed a warning to his flock that we were about.
    I had toured the same yard the day before. With a child in my arms  I noticed for the first time how pretty the blueberry bush is when in bloom. I resolved to get up early the next morning and take a photo in the soft just-after-dawn light.
    Thank you, Jake, for showing me this.





4 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. The picture and the story both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Liz, you are a wonderful grandmother and second mom.... :)

    meghan <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete