Sunday, February 6, 2011

Go Fly a Flag








    These guys have a tough job! On this January morning it was 45 degrees with winds of 5 mph, which doesn't sound like much of a breeze until you imagine yourself in a bucket suspended 80 feet above Mother Earth.
    I don't know if they were replacing the flag or untangling it. I do know that they were there several hours and that when I magnify the photo I can see that they have raised or removed a panel from the pole, exposing the "guts" of the pole. It also appears that they have a tether running from the bucket to the ground, possibly to prevent swaying and swinging.
    I had to try several highway exits to get a clear shot of these guys. I did not notice the "Don't Put Your Life on the Line...." sign until much later. I think it adds a little to the shot, don't you?




1 comment: